Symptoms of oral cancer are not always visible to the naked eye, and may not necessarily cause any pain or discomfort. That is why it is important to be screened for oral cancer at least once a year.
If you notice any changes in your mouth or throat or if you have any red or white sores that last for two weeks or more you should schedule an appointment with us immediately.
Typically symptoms of Oral cancer.
- A sore or lesion in the mouth that does not heal within two weeks.
- A lump in the cheek.
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth.
- A sore throat or a feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing.
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue.
- Loss of feeling or numbness of the tongue or anywhere in your mouth.
- Swelling of the jaw that causes dentures to fit poorly or become uncomfortable.
- Chronic hoarseness.
Oral Cancer Screening Is Easy!
With a special fluorescent light we can detect abnormal tissue growth that is invisible to the naked eye. It only takes a quick moment and is absolute painless.
When found early the survival rate for oral cancer is very good.
So call us today to schedule your oral cancer screening